Responding To Hinge Moments With Dr. Michael Lindsay
Every health system leader has unprecedented executive management challenges facing their organization in the wake of the pandemic. As a leader, you must know how to respond properly to crises or ‘hinge’ moments. Start investing in your people because they will be your legacy. Think of yourself as a startup that thrives in innovation. And focus more on your peripheral. Talk to the people around you, your customers, or the people you work for. In a time of crisis, you need to be open to everything.
Join us as we talk to Dr. Michael Lindsay about his ten-year research into what makes leaders tick. Discover what true world leaders do in crises. Also, learn more about Dr. Michael Lindsay’s new book, Hinge Moments: Making the Most of Life’s Transitions. Start finding and leveraging your own hinge moments.
In this 34-minute episode you’ll learn about:
- Michael’s story on how “we are not promised tomorrow” (9:23)
- Michael’s three big pieces of advice to health system leaders (15:40)
- How to combat the fact that innovation doesn’t typically happen during a crisis (20:13)
- What the generalist mindset is and why it’s important (22:01)
- The importance of a ‘diet’ that engages different ideas and experiences (28:20)
Check out other podcasts and webinars from the ABOUT and Baldrige partnership.