Pragmatic Approaches Of Innovation In Healthcare With Dr. Jennifer Strahan
Every health system leader has unprecedented executive management challenges facing their organization in the wake of the pandemic. The upside is that we’re seeing rapid technological growth that provides us with solutions and support to overcome these challenges.
In this episode, Dr. Jennifer Strahan, VP of Operations at ABOUT, joins the crew to dig deep into innovation and pragmatic approaches that can help the field of healthcare now. She dives into how innovation improves current performance, optimizes behavior, and invigorates and stabilizes our health systems. Dr. Strahan talks about how small, consistent changes often make the most impact long term over wildly lofty goals. If you’re looking for ways to innovate and problem solve in healthcare today, this episode is for you.
In this 32-minute episode you’ll learn about:
- Why it’s important for healthcare organizations to remain “ambidextrous” (8:03)
- Jennifer’s book recommendation: “Lead and Disrupt: How to Solve the Innovator’s Dilemma” by Charles A. O’Reilly III and Michael L. Tushman (9:07)
- How to encourage an environment that allows for innovation (17:50)
- How to build a culture that naturally embraces problem solving and empowers teams (22:35)
- Why innovation can be simpler than what we often think (22:58)
Check out other podcasts and webinars from the ABOUT and Baldrige partnership.