Oak Street Health: Rebuilding Value-Based Healthcare with Dr. Julie Silverstein
Julie Silverstein, MD Chief Medical Officer of Care Delivery at Oak Street Health joined Leader Dialogue co-hosts Dr. Chuck Peck, Dr. Darin Vercillo, and Ben Sawyer on the August 9th, 2022, LeaderDialogue podcast. The theme of the podcast is the Change Imperative, and the topic is Friction-Free Access.
In this episode, the LeaderDialogue co-hosts explore with Dr. Silverstein the current challenges of coordinated primary care and coordinated patient access and management across the healthcare continuum. Oak Street Health focuses their practice on the Medicare patient population, leveraging the Medicare Advantage program primarily to address the comprehensive health needs of their patient population across 20 states, at over 140 clinics. Julie shares her perspective and insights on these important topics, providing practical considerations from which all healthcare leaders and providers can benefit.
In this 37-minute episode you’ll learn:
- How Oak Street Health has a goal of “rebuilding healthcare as it should be” (5:34)
- The importance of a value-based care system at Oak Street Health, how this helps them to better engage with their patients, & how this positively affects overall outcomes (8:40)
- How Oak Street takes a proactive approach to keeping their patients engaged within their system (20:00)
- Julie’s perspective on what Amazon’s recent acquisition of One Medical means within the world of healthcare (26:12)
- Which potential roadblocks exist when making a transition to value-based care (31:48)
Check out other podcasts and webinars from the ABOUT and Baldrige partnership.