Patient Leakage & Keepage Report 2021-22
ABOUT commissioned an independent market research firm to survey a random sample of double-verified health system executives about patient leakage and care access. The result is this ABOUT patient leakage & keepage report.
In this report, you’ll see what senior healthcare executives have to say about their struggles with patient leakage and how retaining and acquiring new patients can have a direct impact on your bottom line.
Some highlights include:
- 94% of health systems reported that reducing patient leakage is a 2022 priority
- 90% of health systems are not highly confident in their visibility into patient leakage
- 65% of health system leaders say patient leakage blocks them from reaching their financial goals
- 27% of health system respondents believe patient leakage has increased since the COVID-19 pandemic began
- 17% is the percentage revenue increase health system executives estimate they could gain by reducing patient leakage